Hotel at a Glance: Annapolis SpringHill Suites
Downtown Annapolis and Chesapeake Bay are only a short drive from this newly renovated hotel, making it a convenient headquarters for vacationing families. Several restaurants and breweries are nearby, along with the Maryland State House and the United States Naval Academy.
- Room to relax: Guest studios have separate living areas, plus flat-screen TVs and free WiFi.
- Rise and shine with a full hot buffet breakfast.
- Take a dip: The indoor pool and whirlpool stay open year-round.
- Awards and accolades: TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence in 2013
- Ride coasters: Six Flags America reopens in early April and is just a half hour from the hotel.
- Distance to naval academy: 3 miles
Annapolis, Maryland: Colonial City and United States Naval Academy on Chesapeake Bay
You'd be hard-pressed to find a skyscraper in Maryland's capital city. Instead, red-brick storefronts, ornate mansions, and old-fashioned streetlights line its cobblestone streets. Visit the Historic Annapolis museum for a walking tour or to see artifacts chronicling the city's history. At Banneker-Douglass Museum, you can learn about early antislavery movements and hear a speech by abolitionist and author Frederick Douglass.
As the site of the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis is right at home along the Chesapeake Bay. The City Dock features crab houses and oyster bars alongside boat slips. Sightseeing cruises navigate the bay in warmer months.