Hotel At a Glance: Comfort Inn Downtown
Set in the middle of downtown Denver, this skyscraper of a hotel is a comfortable home base from which to explore the Mile High City. Many Denver attractions, such as the Colorado History Museum and the State Capitol, are within walking distance of the hotel. Guests receive a complimentary hot breakfast, plus access to three restaurants in the adjacent Brown Palace building.
- A room with a view: You can get sweeping views of downtown Denver from nearly every room window.
- Pinkies up: Take your afternoon tea in the stained-glass atrium lobby of The Brown Palace, a National Historic Landmark that’s connected to the hotel.
- Shop ‘til you drop: You’ll be steps away from the 16th Street Mall, a pedestrian-only thoroughfare lined with outdoor cafés, upscale shops, and fountains.
- Bring the kids: The hair-raising roller coasters and water rides of Six Flags Elitch Gardens are just a mile away.
- Why visit now: Denver comes alive in the summertime, when nearly every weekend brings an outdoor festival or concert, from the Denver Chalk Art Festival in early June to the Denver County Fair in mid-August.
Denver: Mile High City in the Rocky Mountains
Modern urban life meets the Old West in the Mile High City. Founded as a mining town in the 1850s, Colorado's capital has never quite lost its rugged frontier spirit. The proximity of the Rocky Mountains probably has a lot to do with it. The great outdoors are bound to stay near the forefront of your mind with such a spectacular reminder crowding the horizon.
If you can tear your eyes away from the scenery, though, there's a lot to see in the city. In the trendy Lower Downtown Historic District—LoDo to natives—you can take a stroll through the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver or mingle with the fashion-forward crowd filling the restaurants, boutiques, and nightclubs of Larimer Square. Downtown, the pedestrian-friendly 16th Street Mall cuts a swath through the heart of the city, past sidewalk cafés, skyscrapers, and plazas filled with street performers.
For an outdoor adventure inside city limits, make your way to City Park, which houses the Denver Zoo as well as the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. The museum’s long-standing wildlife hall features more than 90 dioramas and taxidermal animals from around the world, including the Arctic walruses and the cheetahs that once guarded Nicolas Cage's mind.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.