- $22 for a picnic meal for two at vineyard festival ($40 value)
The vineyards’ festivals take place from noon to 10 p.m. and include live music, wine tastings, and bottles for purchase. Choose from the following dates: August 7–10 or September 11–14. Click here to see the picnic meal’s menu.
An estate house is surrounded by lush gardens, whose steps lead the way to a grass terrace that overlooks working vineyards and a gorgeous valley. Now, add locally made wine, picnics composed of organic fare, and live music. The call of, “Mon Ami!” may be heard. But no, you have not suddenly turned into a French expat hanging out in Tuscany. This is Garden Vineyards, a family-run vineyard in Hillsboro. (Mon Ami is the family dog.)
Garden Vineyards serves as an afternoon destination for picnics, wine tastings, and festivals. The vineyards' estate house is also available to rent for a weekend getaway or an overnight or extended stay. Visitors who especially love the wine can become members of the wine club,which includes six bottles in the spring and six more in the fall. Visitors can also become members of the vineyards' community-supported agriculture program and receive produce straight from the gardens.
Some of the Current Wines
- 2008 Blanc de Noir Sparkling: a brut-style wine with an acid and citrus fruit flavor
- 2011 White Blend: the up-front acidity transitions into a creamy finish in this full volume blend of pinot noir, viognier, and auxerrois
- 2011 Rosé Noir: a darker and rounder style than a true rosé, with aromas of rhubarb, cherry, and lavender
- 2011 Pinot Noir: with expressive cherry and black raspberry fruit flavors and prominent acidity in the finish
- See the full list of current releases.
78% of 176 customers recommend
“My husband and I bought the food basket from Garden Vineyards and each bought a glass of wine. We sat at a beautiful spot on the grounds and had our dinner. Very...”
“My husband and I bought the food basket from Garden Vineyards and each bought a glass of wine. We sat at a beautiful spot on the grounds and had our dinner. Very private table, as most looked to be. Beautiful view. Food and wine were both great.”
“Beautiful place. Owners are very friendly. Get the picnic basket and bottle of wine and enjoy it in the terrace.”
“We chose to eat at the vineyard which made for a quiet, cozy dinner on a rainy evening; we enjoyed everything in our food basket and had food left to take home.”