- $35 for a three-day pass to Geek Fan Expo (up to $50 value)
- When: Friday, September 5 to Sunday, September 7
- Where: Doubletree Hotel by Hilton Detroit
- Door time: 2 p.m. on Friday, and 9 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the weekend schedule
Geek Fan Expo
No geek gets left behind at Geek Fan Expo. Whether you’re a sci-fi fan, casual gamer, or tourist from a steampunk dimension, you’ll most likely find something that piques your interest. Here are just a handful of the weekend’s highlights, from Q&As to seminars to gaming tournaments.
- Rob Paulsen: a talk with the voice of two Ninja Turtles, one Warner Brother, and the Tick’s moth suit-wearing sidekick, Arthur
- Timothy Zahn: one of the central architects of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, Timothy Zahn penned the gripping Thrawn trilogy, which set the stage for literally hundreds of novels
- Jim C. Hines: the author of the genre-tweaking series Goblin Quest headlines a discussion on the need for diversity in fantasy and sci-fi
- How to Train Your Cosplay: a step-by-step introduction for beginner cosplaying, starting with character creation and moving on to costume construction
- Battle Chess!: every foam-clad warrior’s training comes to bear when they guard the frontline of a life-size chess match
- Gencon Game Library: a massive library of tabletop games stays open all weekend long, allowing visitors to check out titles they might not have played before
- Cryptozoology and the Paranormal in the Great Lakes Area: there could be monsters hiding in your backyard, from ape-like beasts such as Bigfoot and Ted Nugent to extraterrestrials and the lycanthropic Dogman
- Guests Against Humanity: The celebrity guests play a rousing game of Cards Against Humanity that’s sure to be hilarious and inappropriate. For adults only.