Bestselling author of Me Talk Pretty One Day and Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls serves up witty satire and hilarious social commentary
What You'll Get
- Seating: balcony
- Click here to view seating chart
- Must purchase G-Passes in the same transaction to sit together
How G-Pass Works: Within an hour of purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Where you’ve heard his work: Ira Glass discovered David Sedaris doing public readings of his diaries, which detailed his time working in Santa’s Village at Macy’s in New York. Since then, David has been a frequent fixture on Ira’s podcast This American Life, as well as NPR.
- Where you’ve read his work: A celebrated author, David has a number of books of personal essays, including Naked, Me Talk Pretty One Day, and Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls, which topped the New York Times’s bestseller list in 2013. More recently, his works have ventured into increasingly fictional lands, like 2010’s Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary, in which he penned a series of Aesopian fables for contemporary readers.
- What to expect: David regales audiences with true-life tales from an eclectic life. Whether his topic is his childhood in Raleigh, his remarkably odd odd jobs, or his attempts to learn French on the fly in a tiny village, he brings a signature blend of wit and warmth, shrouded in a thin veneer of cattiness. For this particular show, David also introduces the audience to some new material and ends with a Q&A session and book signing.
The Fine Print
An Evening with David Sedaris
Nightlife, Comedy Club, Ticket & Event, Art, Theater & Show, Comedy