Some things you just don’t want to miss, like a concert by your favorite band or the part of the news where they say why they’re showing your picture. Don’t miss a beat with this GrouponLive deal.
- An Evening With Robert Hunter: Grateful Dead Lyricist
- When: Tuesday, October 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Count Basie Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $19 for the rear side orchestra or balcony (up to a $38.50 value)
- $25 for the rear orchestra or loge (up to a $48.50 value)
- $29 for the side orchestra (up to a $58.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
An Evening With Robert Hunter: Grateful Dead Lyricist
- How long it’s been since Robert Hunter toured: almost a decade
- Why’s he finally returning to the road, in his own words: “I began thinking about touring again and started working on my guitar playing. And the more I played the more I was reminded of the special joy that connecting with an audience brings. And I realized I missed it.”
- When he joined the Grateful Dead: the fall of 1967, when he wrote the first verse of “Dark Star”
- Other psychedelic Dead hits penned by Hunter: “Uncle John’s Band,” “Casey Jones,” “Sugar Magnolia,” “Truckin’”
- Best Robert Hunter lyric to put on a tombstone: “What a long, strange trip it’s been”
- Lyric that’s either about the dangers of drugs or the world’s worst train conductor: “Drivin’ that train/ High on cocaine/Casey Jones you better watch your speed”<p>
Count Basie Theatre
Upon entering the Count Basie Theatre, guests may feel as though they’ve slipped through a crack in time and ended up in the early 1900s. Opulent marble staircases and gold details grab the eyes of visitors, recalling the decadence of Hollywood’s history and gently pulling them to the auditorium. There, the acoustically pleasing construction wins out as sound spreads and funnels through a sunburst dome embellished with a dangling chandelier. Since opening in 1926, the Count Basie has earned numerous accolades, including a nod from Pollstar magazine, which listed it as one of the Top 100 Worldwide Theatre Venues.
96% of 23 customers recommend
“Check Group on daily and enjoy . The African Children's choir was terrific. I had a great time seeing them perform at Count Basie Theater.”
“Loved it had a great time with my fiancé!!”
“Great fun. ”