What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to see Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse with special guests Aeon and Tribulation (up to $30 value)
- When: Wednesday, February 18, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Orpheum Theater
- General admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the venue layout
- How Behemoth embodies the sound of Polish black metal: growled vocals, punishing double bass, and buzzsaw riffs that abruptly switch time signatures
- How Behemoth embodies the look of Polish black metal: spiked leather, pale makeup, and stringy hair that could be caked in mud, coffin dust, or something worse
- Unexpected musical touch: the band often incorporates Middle-Eastern melodies into their songs
- Their latest album: 2014’s The Satanist, called “the most interesting thing they’ve produced since their early days as a pagan black metal band” by Spin
- What may have inspired this newfound lust for life: this is the first album and tour since lead singer Nergal’s diagnosis and recovery from leukemia
- Their claim to fame: being the best-selling death-metal band in the country, thanks to the demonic vocals of George “Corpsegrinder” Fisher
- Their claim to infamy: insanely grotesque lyrics and album covers, which have gotten Cannibal Corpse banned from several countries and countless Donnie and Marie concerts over their 30-year career
- What Fisher has to say about their macabre subject matter: “We like gruesome, scary movies, and we want the lyrics to be like that… Basically these are fictional stories, and that’s it.”
- Their new record: A Skeletal Domain, praised by Metal Injection for its “dark and brutal energy”
- Some of the repeatable song titles from that release: “Kill or Become,” “Sadistic Embodiment,” “Vector of Cruelty”
- Also performing: Swedish death-metal veterans Aeon and Tribulation
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 18, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting day of event for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Majestic Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.