- $12 for one general-admission ticket to a performance at the Cactus Pear Music Festival (up to $25 value)
- When: select dates, July 9–18
- Where: venues throughout San Antonio and the Hill Country; see the schedule for details
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the festival’s lineup and schedule
- L’Chaim | To Life! (July 11): sonatas, dances, and concertinas from renowned Jewish composers including Irving Schlein, Felix Mendelssohn, and Aaron Copland
- Brazil or Bust (July 12): a Brazilian guitar quartet presents a one-of-a-kind concert featuring both traditional and contemporary Brazilian compositions
- Bella Italia (July 18): Hugo Wolf’s Italian Serenade, Giuseppe Verdi’s String Quartet in E Minor, and Tchaikovsky’s Souvenir de Florence fill the festival’s finale with a melodic Italian flourish
Cactus Pear Music Festival
Stephanie Sant'Ambrogio has classical music in her blood. The former Concertmaster of the San Antonio Symphony descends from a long line of professional classical musicians. One summer evening in 1996, Stephanie was feeling deprived during the symphony's seasonal hiatus when inspiration struck: why not found a new festival all her own? Going strong 20 years later, the Cactus Pear Music Festival sprawls out with four concert programs scheduled in four cities over the course of two weeks.