New feature-length films, documentaries, and animated shorts alongside commemorative anniversary screenings at storied film festival
About This Deal
- General admission
- What’s included for options that do not include the boat ride:
- One single-day admission ticket for September 26 (Long Beach), September 27 (Long Beach), September 28 (Catalina Island), or September 29 (Catalina Island)
- What’s included for options that include the boat ride:
- One single-day admission ticket for September 28 (Catalina Island) or September 29 (Catalina Island)
- Round-trip boat transportation from Long Beach to Catalina Island
- The return trip back to Long Beach is a late-night boat party held after the screenings; food is available on the party boat
Location and Check-In Information
- Check-in begins two hours before the program starts or boat departs
- Wednesday, September 26: 8:30 a.m. at Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Long Beach
- Thursday, September 27: 9:30 a.m. at Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Long Beach
- Friday, September 28 and Saturday, September 29 (on Catalina Island):
- 9 a.m. at Catalina Island Spa
- After the screenings, an on-island party starts at 10:30 p.m. for those who purchase the options that do not include the boat pass
- Attendees who purchase the boat-pass options return on the boat party at 10:30 p.m.
Boat Transportation Information for September 28 and September 29 (for boat-pass holders only):
- Departure from Long Beach to Catalina Island
- Check-in: 7 a.m. at Catalina Classic Cruises, Queen Mary Terminal
- Boarding: 7:30 a.m.
Departure: 8 a.m.
- Return from Catalina Island to Long Beach on Party Boat
- Check-in: 10 p.m.
- Departure: 10:30 p.m.
- Return time: Midnight
- A shuttle is provided from the theater to the departure location
- Alternate travel from Catalina Island back to Long Beach is not provided. Attendees who miss the boat must make their own travel arrangements
- For those not interested in the festival chartered 8 a.m. departure from Long Beach or late-night return after the day’s festival program, a regular ferry schedule can be booked through Catalina Express or Catalina Flyer
Catalina Film Festival
- The Festival: a five-day festival with screenings of short and feature films, documentaries, animations, horror films, and awards ceremony
- The Dress Code: In Long Beach, casual attire during the daytime; cocktail or party attire at night. On Catalina Island, island or casual during the daytime; red-carpet attire at night. Please click here for more information.
- Click here to view the festival schedule
Need To Know
About Catalina Film Festival
Azure waters lap the shores of Catalina Island, a picturesque setting a mere 22 miles from Los Angeles, but one that feels worlds away. Here, as the lights dim and the curtains retract from the silver screen, cinephiles and the stars of Hollywood convene to revel in the magic of the movies. Patricia Arquette, Kate Bosworth, Andy Garcia, Sharon Stone, Jon Favreau, Stan Lee, and Emmy Rossum are just a few of the marquee names that have graced the festival in years past.
In it's 9th year, the Catalina Film Festival invokes this transcendent cinematic experience with dozens and dozens of screenings, ranging from animation and documentaries to student films and features. These stories light up screens throughout the island, including that of the historic Avalon Theatre, a 1,200-seat art-deco structure remarkable for being the world’s first sound theater and Orson Welles’ favorite place to take a nap. Nightly parties, galas, and expert panels all culminate in the final evening's award ceremony.