Theater is real in a way that film and your imaginings about what the neighbors are dragging around up there never can be. Have an authentic experience with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to Chicago Fringe Festival 2013
- When: August 29–September 8
- Where: Jefferson Park
- Click here to view the festival schedule.<p>
- $6 for one admission button, good for the whole festival, plus one drink ticket for beer or wine (up to a $15 value). Admission buttons do not include access to individual performances; tickets must be purchased separately.
- $15 for one ticket to the Fringe Festival Benefit at Fischman Liquors and Tavern on Sunday, September 1, at 7:30 p.m., plus three drink tickets for beer or wine (up to a $25 value)
- Drink tickets must be redeemed at Fringe Central.<p>
Chicago Fringe Festival
Push the boundaries. That's pretty much the only rule for performances at the Chicago Fringe Festival, an unconventional expo of new theatrical works from around the world. Now in its fourth year, the Windy City's festival joins in a dramatic tradition shared by cities including Indianapolis, New York, and the original outpost, Edinburgh. The week-long event provides a prominent stage for up-and-coming productions, helping little-known companies catch some buzz and established groups test out new ideas. A lottery system determines the year's lineup, a process that keeps each festival exhilaratingly unpredictable while delighting statisticians.