What You'll Get
Choose From Three Options
- $92.50 for one general-admission ticket for the festival at 4 p.m., which includes endless food and drink and admission to the evening’s concert (up to $105.95 value)
- $115.50 for one VIP ticket for entry to the festival at 3 p.m., which includes endless food and drink and admission to the evening’s concert (up to $158 value)
- $35 for one general-admission concert-only ticket at 7:15 p.m., plus 2 beer tokens (up to $50 value)
- Concert doors open at 6:50 p.m.
Beginning at 7 p.m., the evening’s concert will feature Kool Keith with support from DJ Lord of Public Enemy.
Heritage BBQ 2016
At this friendly culinary challenge, five local chefs compete to be crowned the BBQ King of Austin. They each prepare one family-farm-raised heritage pig, producing six dishes that celebrate global influences, cooking technique, flavor, and nose-to-tail utility. The Judge’s Plate will be scored by a panel of 20 notables, though all attendees get to sample the dishes. Following the culinary competition, DJ Lord and Kool Keith will perform a tribute to the most influential hip-hop album of its time, the narrative masterpiece, Dr. Octagon. From the first track to the last, this cyber-space experience inspired a musical movement and this is your chance to hear what happened before - and after - its release. Here’s what else to expect:
- The Chefs: Competing chefs include Clinton Kendall (East Side King), Nicolas Yanes (Juniper), Bryce Gilmore (Barley Swine), Michael Winkelman (Lonesome Dove Austin), and Timothy Rattray (The Granary ‘Cue & Brew)
- BBQ Traditions: The noncompetitve BBQ Traditions portion of the event features eight chefs, each cooking one dish from their favorite global grilling culture—think Korean barbecue, Japanese hibachi, Brazilian churrasco, Mexican barbacoa, or Kansas City barbecue.
- Entertainment: This year’s event and tour will close out with a musical performance of Kool Keith’s infamous album Dr. Octagon with DJ Lord of Public Enemy.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 20, 2016. Limit 12/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of event for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.