What You'll Get
- $70 for one single-day general admission festival ticket and one free after-party wristband (up to $85.50 value)
- One-day admission is good for either Friday, September 1, or Saturday, September 2.
Riverfront Jazz Festival
- Erykah Badu (Friday Jazz Stage): Hers is a sound born at the crossroads of jazz, soul, funk, and hip-hop—a spot where Billie Holliday marries Marvin Gaye and the wedding band is the Wu Tang Clan. The four-time Grammy-winning “Queen of Neo Soul” first brought listeners to this place through her debut, Baduizm, and recently welcomed them back while adding her bourbon-aged soprano to Janelle Monáe’s “Q.U.E.E.N.”
- Will Downing (Saturday Jazz Stage): “The Prince of Sophisticated Soul” spreads his ultra-smooth baritone over tracks including “A Love Supreme” and “I Try.”
- Oleta Adams (Saturday Jazz Stage): It’s rare for a debut album to strike gold, but Oleta Adams hit platinum. Since then, the gospel singer—who infuses her music with soul, R&B, and pop—has sold millions of records and toured with everyone from Tears for Fears to Luther Vandross. For good measure, she also recorded a song that became the unofficial anthem of the 1991 Gulf War: “Get Here.”
- Wanda King (Saturday Blues and Soul Stage): Daughter to famed guitarist and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Freddie King, Wanda King maintains her father’s legacy with her own gold-plated pipes.
- Funky Knuckles (Saturday Blues and Soul Stage): The full horns sections gives robust life to funk-infused jazz classics and improvised runs.
- Pieces of a Dream (Saturday Blues and Soul Stage): Philly natives play select cuts from a 30-plus-year career that spawned funky hits such as “Mount Airy Groove” and “Fo Fi Fo.”
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Ticketmaster is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.