What You'll Get
- $75 for a single-day general admission ticket (up to $97.50 value), valid December 19
- $75 for a single-day general admission ticket (up to $97.50 value), valid December 20
- $125 for one two-day general admission ticket (up to $185 value), valid for both days of the event
- Festival begins at 11 a.m. on both days
- View the full lineup of artists and musicians
- View the performance schedule
- Saturday, December 19 lineup includes Janelle Monae, New Order, Battles, Madeon, Psychic TV, Roman Gianarthur, and more
- Sunday, December 20 lineup includes Kendrick Lamar, Flying Lotus, Dan Deacon, Dillon Francis, Nicolas Jaar, Com Truise, Prismo, and more
Day for Night Festival
It’s not a festival. It’s an un-festival, where the formula of “stand, watch band, watch feet, repeat” is tossed out the window. At Day For Night, light and sound collide in a tirelessly imaginative mix of music and digital art that reinvents the festival experience. The stages? Two indoor controlled environments and one outdoor space, all loaded with periphery-flooding video art and immersive lighting. The artists? Universally lauded visual mavericks such as Casey Reas (who specializes in conceptual software-painted landscapes) and Refik Anadol (a parametric data sculptor). In the words of producer Omar Afra, “What we aim for here is the wonder, the jaw-dropping allure, the accoutrements that make a festival fun: socially relevant, risk-taking art, and the surprises that catch participants off guard to let the magic in.”
- Kendrick Lamar: His 2012 major-label debut, good kid, m.A.A.d. City, was one of the most hotly anticipated releases of the year, and earned him seven Grammy nominations. Lamar’s hot streak continues with 2015’s To Pimp a Butterfly, which won widespread acclaim for its dense production and deft storytelling. Fans might recognize Tupac, Jay-Z, and Nas in the DNA of his flow, which manages to be laidback even when he’s spitting at 200 beats per minute.
- New Order: From the ashes of Joy Division and the gloom of Manchester, New Order arose in 1980 to change the template of dance music with club classics such as “Blue Monday” and “Bizarre Love Triangle.” Their latest album, Music Complete, finds the legends still on top of their game.
- Philip Glass Ensemble: Although the Academy Award–nominated, Golden Globe–winning composer of Einstein on the Beach is often dubbed a “minimalist” (he prefers to be called a composer of “music with repetitive structures”), his output has been maximal (he’s written 20 operas, 10 symphonies, and 11 concertos). His latest tour with his ensemble creates big sound from small notes thanks to a circle of keyboards, piccolos, flutes, and saxophones.
- Janelle Monáe: This psychedelic soul singer, producer, and Cover Girl model has scored six Grammy nominations (including three for her vocal turn in .fun’s “We Are Young”), a slew of video awards (and praise from Prince) for the striking Erykah Badu collaboration “Q.U.E.E.N.,” and love from her hometown of Boston, which proclaimed October 16, “Janelle Monáe Day.”
- Dillon Francis: this pioneer of moombahton and moombahcore—and protege to Diplo—is best known for the stuttering single “I.D.G.A.F.O.S.”
- Flying Lotus: Armed with the jazzy instincts that come from being the grandnephew of Alice and John Coltrane, it seems electronic producer FlyLo was born to experiment. After a start crafting beats for Adult Swim’s bumpers he landed on Warp records and released a slew of acclaimed albums, including his latest, You’re Dead!, featuring Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg.
- Other Notable Acts: Madeon | Death Grips | Nicolas Jaar | Battles | Dan Deacon | CocoRosie
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Must provide shipping address at checkout which we will provide to facilitate shipping. Refundable only on day of purchase. Tickets will be shipped on 12/11 and should arrive on or before show date. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Not valid in combination with promo codes. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.