What You'll Get
Getting front-row seats to a concert often requires fans to overpay scalpers or name their firstborn child 93.1 FM. See a show on your terms with this GrouponLive deal for general-admission tickets to concerts at The Rhythms of One World, an international choral festival, from Monday, June 25 to Saturday, June 30.
Choose from Nine Options
- $18 for one ticket to see "The Rhythms of One World 2012," an international choral celebration, at Avery Fisher Hall on Thursday, June 28, at 7:30 p.m. (up to a $35 value, including all fees)
The centerpiece of the week's choral extravaganza commemorates the signing of the United Nations charter on June 26, 1945. All seven international ensembles join forces and preview the concert they'll be performing to an invitation-only audience at the UN General Assembly Hall on Saturday, June 30.
- $11 for one ticket to see the Norwegian Girls Choir's "Ro-Uro: Peace and Un-Peace" at Merkin Concert Hall on Monday, June 25, at 6 p.m. (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
Known for a repertoire of traditional Norwegian folk songs and tailor-made works from contemporary composers, the bell-voiced young ladies recorded Sorgen og gleden in 2008, a meditative selection of psalms and dubstep remixes of psalms commissioned by Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway.
- $11 for one ticket to see the Kearsney College Choir's "Footprint of Africa" at Merkin Concert Hall on Tuesday, June 26, at 7:30 p.m. (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
This South African choir holds the record for most gold medals won at the World Choir Games, with eight wins. Its repertoire incorporates fan favorites such as "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers, and "A Typical Night in Africa," an aural simulation of the savannah complete with thunderstorms and pitch-perfect bird calls.
- $11 for one ticket to see Voices International's "Voices Go International" at Merkin Concert Hall on Wednesday, June 27, at 6 p.m. (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
Favoring an upbeat, jazzy style, the Luxembourgian troupe delights in musical numbers such as "Blue Skies" and gospel songs such as "Ride the Chariot." Though it developed from a theater troupe that just couldn't stop singing after its run of Oklahoma wrapped, the group was honored to perform at the silver wedding anniversary of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg.
- $11 for one ticket to see University of Newcastle Chamber Choir's "Koala Colours" at Merkin Concert Hall on Wednesday, June 27, at 8 p.m. (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
Music from the Renaissance up to the present day blossoms from the throats of this Australian chamber choir, which has garnered such down-under distinctions as the Australian Choral Award and the City of Sydney Chamber Choir Award.
- $11 for one ticket to see the Appalachian Children's Choir's "Music from Home. Music from Our Mountains" at Merkin Concert Hall on Friday, June 29, at 5 p.m. (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
The official children's chorus of West Virginia has filled the air of Prague, Carnegie Hall, and the Pacific Rim Children's Choral Festival in Hawaii with angelic renditions of Southern classics such as John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and the immortal ballad "Shenandoah."
- $11 for one ticket to see the County Town Singers' "Our Canada, A Heritage in Song" at Merkin Concert Hall on Friday, June 29, at 7 p.m. (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
The Canadian choir's repertoire leans towards beautiful religious melodies such as "Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming," though it might surprise audiences with rousing renditions of "The Girl from Ipanema" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" or just by leaping out of closets late at night.
$60 for one ticket to all six of the concerts at Merkin Concert Hall, listed above (up to a $132 value, including all fees)
The entourage from Trinidad and Tobago underscores Caribbean folk, reggae, calypso, and soca with exciting choreography in bright, flashy costumes.
Find a complete schedule here. Student and senior tickets are normally $12 before fees for all Merkin Concert Hall concerts.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 7 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 6/25 for a ticket at venues. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at venues. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which Groupon will provide to facilitate redemption of voucher. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Friendship Ambassadors Foundation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.