- $16 for two tickets to any Quad Cinema screening at the 16th Annual Havana Film Festival New York (up to $26 value)
- When: April 10–16
- Where: Quad Cinema
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the festival schedule
Trailer for Refugiado
- For the gripping tale of a mother and son’s race from danger, see: Refugiado (April 13 at 7 p.m.; April 14 at 5 p.m.)
- For a dark comedy about a teacher who attempts to refuse retirement with the help of her students, see: Desastres Naturales (April 14 at 6:45 p.m.; April 15 at 5 p.m.)
- For a colorful animated film about a little girl who loves to solve mysteries, see: Fernanda y el extraño caso del Dr. X y Mr. Jai (April 12 at 1 p.m.)
- For a documentary about four elderly Cubans and their connection to their lifelong homes, see: My Roots Lie Here (April 10 at 9:15 p.m.)
- For a drama following five strangers connected only by missed opportunities, see: Tiempo Perdido (April 13 at 9 p.m.; April 14 at 1 p.m.)
- View the full festival lineup
Havana Film Festival New York
A passionate project of the nonprofit American Friends of the Ludwig Foundation of Cuba, the Havana Film Festival New York showcases respected and rising voices hailing from Latin-American communities. The foundation’s executive team, Carole Rosenberg, and film artistic director Diana Vargas helm a dedicated staff, who draw cinematic works from about a dozen Latin American and Caribbean countries as well as Latinos in the U.S.. Their collection of over 40 features, shorts, documentaries, and classic graces the screens of venues throughout the city, many for the very first time in the United States.
English subtitles assist non-native speakers in following the action, and postscreening Q&As afford audiences a behind-the-scenes glance at the global Latino film industry and direct interaction with visiting filmmakers. Panel discussions explore new cinematic innovations as well as alternative production and distribution means in evolving film industries such as Cuba’s. The festival annually pays tribute to influential actors and directors within the Latino film community.