Although it’s been ostracized by the five traditional senses, the sense of humor is the only thing that enables human beings to detect a rubber chicken creeping up from behind. Stay on guard with this GrouponLive deal to the Hoboken Comedy Festival. For $25, you get a ticket package for two (up to a $90 total value) that includes:
- Two general-admission tickets for first-come, first-served seating to a Hoboken Comedy Festival show (up to a $25 value each)
- Two general-admission tickets to a show at Stand Up NY in New York City (up to a $20 value each)
For the Hoboken Comedy Festival part of the package, choose from the following shows:
- Wednesday, October 10, at 7:30 p.m. at Tilted Kilt
- Thursday, October 11, at 7:30 p.m. at Melting Pot
- Friday, October 12, at 7:30 p.m. at West Five Supper Club
- Friday, October 12, at 10 p.m. at Maxwell's
- Saturday, October 13, at 7:30 p.m. at Maxwell's
- Sunday, October 14, at 7:30 p.m. at Pilsener Haus & Biergarten
The third annual Hoboken Comedy Festival calls upon the talents of 32 comedians to lay a diverse landscape of laughs across five days. Among the performers is Jon Fisch (October 11 at Melting Pot), host of the podcast In the Tank, who had a career year in 2012 when he appeared both in the pages of Maxim and on luxurious sets of Celebrity Apprentice. He also performed a standup set on Late Show with David Letterman, where he clued in the audience on how he is able to accurately calculate the age of any bride solely by looking at her bridal party. Calise Hawkins (October 12 at Maxwell’s)—a finalist on NBC's Stand Up For Diversity—loves being a parent, most of the time. During her standup routines, she sometimes explains to the audience how having a daughter can consume all free time and attract what she calls the "creepiest bum compliment." Fans of NBC’s 30 Rock will immediately recognize the irreverent Judah Friedlander (October 14 at Pilsener Haus & Biergarten) as he takes the stage with his signature mesh hat and wild spectacles. Along with being the self-ascribed World Champion, he is also the author of the instructional manual How to Beat Up Anybody.
Along with the festival shows, Groupon customers will also receive two tickets to any show within the next six months at Stand Up NY. For 25 years, this club has captured traveling comics to help lasso laughs from discerning audiences. In addition to its enormous array of visiting comedians and collection of antique spinning bow ties, the club serves up tasty bites and beverages.