- $35 for one admission to a 90-minute glass-blowing workshop with Mike Hudson
- Children are welcome to attend this event
- The studio will be warm; guests should dress in clothes that are protective yet breathable
- Participants should wear close-toed shoes—no sandals
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
- Guests must sign a waiver before entering the studio.
The workshop will be held at Fire Studio & Gallery in Hillview. Customers will pick the colors, pattern. Then they will blow air into the glass with the help of supervision.
Each event is capped at 6 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
It’s one thing to understand how glass gets its shaped, but quite another to give it shape with your own lungs. In this 90-minute class, experienced glass artist Mike Hudson teaches students how to craft their own decorative ornaments from scratch, so that even first-time glass blowers can create a masterpiece.
Look at All the Colors
First, Mike shows off all the shapes, colors, and patterns that fledgling artists can add to their ornament.
Learn About the Gear
Mike will teach you about the tools and prep a molten ball of glass with your chosen pigments.
Take a Deep Breath
Using the techniques Mike has demonstrated, breathe some beautiful contours into your ornament.
Pick Up Your Piece
Because it needs to cool overnight, you can pick up your work of art the following day or pay to have it mailed to you.
Mike has always been an artist, but it wasn’t until college, when he stumbled into a glass studio, that he found his calling. Today Hudson Glass masterpieces can be found in more than 200 galleries and boutiques across the US and Canada. And, to help others find their path to glass, Mike has also been teaching for the past dozen years, inspiring students in neighborhood studios and as an adjunct professor at the University of Louisville.