What You'll Get
- $15 for two tickets to see Mike Tramp of White Lion, plus two vouchers good for one domestic beer or well drink each (up to $31.96 value)
- When: Saturday, May 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Diesel Concert Lounge
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Mike Tramp of White Lion
**Mike Tramp performing "Love Don't Come Easy
- Mike Tramp’s start: he transformed from a fetus into a child, became a teen idol in the pop group Mabel, and represented Denmark at the 1978 Eurovision Song Contest
- What rock fans are grateful for: Mike moved to America and formed White Lion
- What separated White Lion from the rest of the ’80s hair-metal pack: poppy—but not wimpy—melodies and a lead singer who could really, really sing
- The hit that you couldn’t stop singing in 1988: “Wait”
- The ballad that made the nation weep: “When the Children Cry”
- What happened after White Lion: Mike started the harder-rocking Freak of Nature, and then embarked on his solo career
- Best way to hear what Mike sounds like without all the drums, guitars, and upstaging hairdos: check out his recent acoustic album Cobblestone Street
- What to expect from the show: White Lion jams concentrated in an acoustic form
Diesel Concert Lounge
“It’s like a little city in there,” says co-owner Mike Mitchell of the 47,000 square feet of entertainment surrounding Diesel Concert Lounge. As part of the Premier Lanes complex—also home to an Italian restaurant and the Premier Lanes Bowling Alley— Diesel Concert Lounge is a complete about-face from the space’s previous incarnation: a country music club called Diamonds & Spurs. With Mitchell and Premier Lanes’ owner Joe Sgroi behind the scenes, the floor where cows once learned how to square-dance is now a haven for head-banging hard rock and head-bobbing hip-hop.
As one of the only places in Michigan to sport multiple stages within one venue, Diesel keeps its calendar packed with a variety of touring stars and local heroes. Most of those heroes, including Kid Rock, Megadeth, and Uncle Kracker, are enshrined on the walls in hand-printed concert posters.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 3, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/3 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Diesel Concert Lounge. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Diesel Concert Lounge's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.