- The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley and The Adventures of Robin Hood
- When: Flat Stanley is on Saturday, May 9, at 2 p.m. and Robin Hood is on Saturday, June 6, at 2 p.m.
- Where: New Jersey Performing Arts Center’s Victoria Theatre
- Seating: best available
- Door time: 1 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- $34 for one ticket to both shows (up to $56.50 value)
- $57 for two tickets to both shows (up to $113 value)
The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley
Lots of children’s stories explore what happens when a toy or an imaginary pal becomes a real, 3D being, but what about the other way around? Jeff Brown’s 1964 book Flat Stanley follows a little boy who dreams of a more interesting life—and finds it when he’s flattened by a giant bulletin board. In his newly svelte state, Stanley discovers he can tuck himself into an envelope and travel around the world for the price of an international stamp. Broadway-style songs bring Stanley’s travels to life as he fights crime and weighs the pros and cons of returning to the third dimension.
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Sherwood Forest may be filled with a lot of very merry men (and women), but in Visible Fictions’ adaptation of the classic English tale, the population drops to just two—two actors, that is. Using their wits, a shopping cart, and a whole lot of cardboard boxes, the duo builds an entire world where Robin Hood, Little John, and the rest of the gang steal from the greedy monarchy to help feed the poor.
New Jersey Performing Arts Center
New Jersey Performing Arts Center stands firm as a bastion of live entertainment, opening the doors to its two distinct venues for a wide array of productions. Inside Prudential Hall, 2,700 seats fill the multitiered auditorium where ballets, symphony orchestras, and Broadway shows flourish beneath radiant lights and a domed ceiling. Victoria Theater, meanwhile, beckons visitors to its more intimate 500-seat confines for jazz concerts and contemporary dance performances.