- $109 for one admission to an all-day Hudson Valley Hike and Double Wine Tour excursion ($189 value)
- When: Sunday, June 21; Sunday, July 19; and Saturday, August 15
- Where: departs from 8th Avenue between West 31st and West 33rd streets
- Wear or bring: comfortable and broken-in trail shoes; weather-appropriate wear with lots of layers; rain jackets, pants, and hat are recommended if the weather is uncertain; sunglasses, sunscreen, chapstick, and bug spray; day-pack for extra clothes, snacks, water, and camera.
- Difficulty: Outdoor Connections gives this excursion a moderate trip rating.
- 8 a.m.: meet on 8th Avenue between W 31st Street and W 33rd Street, on the steps of the U.S. Post Office across from Penn Station, then depart at 8:15 a.m. sharp.
- Spend the day hiking through the park and tasting the wares at local wineries
- 7:30 p.m. (approximately): the bus returns you to the pickup spot after the trip is over.
Included in each trip
- Round-trip transportation
- Park entry fees
- Guide fees
- Continental breakfast, picnic lunch, and wine tasting
- Guide fees
Hudson Valley Hike and Double Wine Tour from Outdoor Connections
- The Morning: spend 3–3.5 hours hiking about five miles past lakes, mountain streams, and old iron mines, with plenty of time to rest and take pictures
- The Afternoon: after a picnic lunch enjoyed alfresco, tours veer into the celebrated Shawangunk Wine Trail
- The Grand Finale: wine tastings at two of these local favorites