- $135 for one admission to an all-day river tubing and brewery tour excursion ($209 value)
- When: select Saturdays and Sundays, July 18–September 6
- Where: departs from 8th Avenue between West 31st Street and West 33rd Street
- Wear or bring: weather-appropriate, water-safe, quick-drying layers and a bathing suit; water shoes, secure sandals, or sneakers (no flip-flops or loose sandals); hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and chapstick; a strap to secure eyeglasses or sunglasses; a towel and change of clothes for the brewery tour and ride home
- Difficulty: Outdoor Connections gives this excursion an easy trip rating
- 8:45 a.m.: meet and check-in on the steps of the US Post Office across from Penn Station
- Spend 3 hours floating down the river, then depart for a brewery tour and tasting session
- 7:45 p.m. (approximately): the bus returns you to the pickup spot
Included in Each Trip
- Round-trip transportation
- Guide fees
- Equipment rentals
- Snacks for the ride up
- Microbrewery tour and beer tasting
- Optional dinner may be ordered at the brewpub
Delaware River Tubing and Brewery Tour from Outdoor Connections
Float Down the River
Arrive at your basecamp for the day, the Shawnee Inn, then take a quick shuttle ride up the river. You’ll spend the next three hours lazily making your way back down a three-mile stretch of the Delaware River, taking in the beauty of the protected National Park land, and keeping an eye out for bald eagles. Swimming and even a little splashing are encouraged.
Tour a Craft Brewery
Pop back into the Shawnee Inn to change into dry clothes, then make your way to the Shawnee Craft Microbrewery for a lively tour. Learn about the brewery’s commitment to making small batch beers with whole foods, all-natural ingredients, and no preservatives or shelf-stabilizers. Look for the oak barrels in which many of their brews age for months—or even years.
Have a Taste or Two
After the tour, you’ll hop back in the Outdoor Connections chariots for a quick trek to Shawnee’s brewpub, The Gem and Keystone. There, you’ll sample a few of their finest brews, and if you so choose, order a hearty meal from their menu of pub fare—the burgers come highly recommended. Then the vans filled with well-fed travelers head back to the city for drop-off.