What You'll Get
- Admission to see Patty Smyth
- When: Thursday, December 19, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Gramercy Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $15 for standing room general admission (up to a $35 value)
- $25 for guaranteed, first-come-first-serve seating (up to a $35 value) with fast lane entry access (up to a $10 value) and one drink (up to a $15 value; up to a $60 total value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- How you know Patty Smyth: as a solo artist and the frontwoman of Scandal
- Evidence that Patty Smyth is rock ‘n’ roll: she turned down the chance to replace David Lee Roth in Van Halen
- The song that first took Scandal to MTV: 1982’s “Goodbye to You”
- What happened to Scandal?: nothing scandalous; the band had things to do and Patty embarked on a solo career
- Highlights of her solo career: a certified gold album, the smash hit Don Henley duet “Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough,” and a contribution to the Armageddon soundtrack
- Most surprising highlight of her solo career, given the critical reception of the film in question: she received Academy Award and Grammy nominations for “Look What Love Has Done,” featured in the movie Junior
- What to expect during the show: a band tearing through decades of hits from Scandal and Patty’s solo career
- Patty’s take on the reunion: “It’s just these four guys and I, out there seriously kicking some a** and having fun. We’re so tight, if I fell down a flight of stairs, they would follow me and we’d all land on our feet.”<p>
Hosting the evening’s set, the historic Gramercy Theatre first opened its doors in 1937 and spent some 60 years as a movie palace and art house. Now wedged between two skyscrapers, it still retains some art-deco columns and flourishes striped into its façade. Inside, an intimate main room shares space with the eclectic Samsara Lounge where persian rugs and funky wall art imbue audiences with a rock ‘n’ roll spirit and inspire the spontaneous formation of nomadic tribes.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 19, 2013. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 12/19 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Gramercy Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. 16+ unless accompanied by adult. Alcohol not discounted more than 50%. Merchant responsible for all sales/delivery of alcohol. 21+ ID req'd to receive alcohol. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.