What You'll Get
- $19 for one G-Pass to see Raekwon and Ghostface Killah (up to $39.50 value)
- When: Saturday, August 15
- Where: Riverside Municipal Auditorium
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Click here to view the venue layout
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Raekwon and Ghostface Killah
- 36 Chambers: the alternate title of Enter the Wu-Tang, the seminal 1993 album that first brought these two hip-hop luminaries together
- 2 years: how much time passed between that release and their second major collaboration, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…—officially a Raekwon solo joint, but for which Ghostface received nearly equal billing as a “co-star”
- 20 years: how much time has passed since that album dropped
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: the 2012 Rolling Stone roll call that included Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…
- 0: how many previous hip-hop albums had the narrative-driven, cinematic quality of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…, which tells a story of a street-level drug dealer done in by paranoia and betrayal
- 1: how many alternate names the album had—it was called “The Purple Tape” because of the unique color of the cassettes
- Why “The Purple Tape” sounds familiar: the duo released a teaser for The Purple Tape Files at Sundance in January, presaging a documentary about the making of the album
- Critics’ take on the album: The Boombox called it “one of the top five (if not the best) solo efforts from a Wu member,” and AllMusic identified it as “a landmark in the new breed of gangsta rap”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 16, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.