- $99 for one ticket to Texas Hill Country Guide and Outfitter: A Day at the Races (a $154.74 value). See below for package details and the day’s itinerary.
- When: Saturday, August 23
- Seating: General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Chartered bus trips to and from all the day’s stops
- A visit to Gillespie County Fair for a full day of horse racing
- A tour of Pecan Street Brewing Company, which includes a pint of beer and light dinner
- 11 a.m.: Chartered bus departs downtown Austin
- 12:30 p.m.: Arrive at Gillespie County Fair in Fredericksburg for horse races; first post is at 1 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrive at Pecan Street Brewing Company in Johnson City, which includes a tour, pint of beer, and light dinner
- 8:30 p.m.: Return to downtown Austin
- Click here for exact pick-up and drop-off locations.
A Day at the Races
On August 23, A Day at the Races will fend off the boredom of summer’s dog days with a full lineup of events and stops around Texas Hill Country. On Saturday morning, groups will depart from downtown Austin aboard chartered buses en route to the 126th Gillespie County Fair. There, they’ll spend the afternoon immersed in pari-mutuel horse racing amid a host of other activities, including carnival rides, live musical acts, and post-race press conferences with the horses themselves.
As the dust settles, A Day at the Races will transform into an evening at the brewery—the Pecan Street Brewing Company’s brewery, to be exact. During this stop, each guest can enjoy a pint of the company’s handcrafted artisanal beer and some of its ever-changing fare, which ranges from brick-oven pizzas to burgers and salads. Afterward, chartered buses will return to downtown Austin so nobody has to hitchhike on a low-flying UFO.