What You'll Get
- Two tickets to see a play or musical
- Where: The Grand Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- $25 for general admission to Forever Plaid on September 11–27 (up to $40 value)
- $43 for section B seating to Little Shop of Horrors on October 16–November 1, plus two tickets to see Always…Patsy Cline on May 7–23 (up to $68 value)
- $22 for section B seating to The Skin of Our Teeth on March 12–28 (up to $34 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- Forever Plaid: This Off-Broadway jukebox comedy follows a clean-cut ’50s vocal quartet that perishes in a car crash only to return from the dead and deliver one last show packed with hits such as “Three Coins in a Fountain.”
- Little Shop of Horrors: Seymour learns a lesson in botany—and horror—when his pet plant, Audrey, grows into a man-eating monster. This relentlessly entertaining sci-fi musical is packed with puppetry and rousing tunes from award-winning songwriters Ashmen and Menken.
- Always…Patsy Cline: Back by popular demand, this heartfelt musical follows the country singer’s friendship with fan Louise Seger and her career as she rises to the top. Lovingly rendered favorites such as “Crazy,” “Walking After Midnight,” and “I Fall to Pieces,” add emotional heft.
- The Skin of Our Teeth: Winner of the 1943 Pulitzer Prize for Drama, Thornton Wilder’s farcical and satirical hit follows an everyday family (that’s been together for 5,000 years) as they suffer through and survive floods, wars, and the end of M.A.S.H.
The Grand Theatre
When it was part of South High School in 1931, it was treated like just any other school auditorium. But decades later, as it was incorporated into the SLCC South City Campus, a school employee entered the vast hall and blew off its stagedust with the proclamation “What a grand theater!” Over the past 20 years, the former auditorium turned community playhouse has lived up to its rechristening with hit musicals, classic plays, and even films and live concerts. Thanks to the efforts of director Deneece Huftalin, a staff of the area’s top teachers, and young talent, The Grand Theatre fulfills its quest to be a beacon of professional community theater.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem at box office before day of show or on show day. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Grand Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects The Grand Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. The box office is open Mon-Fri noon to 5 pm and show days from noon to 8 pm. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.