In a retelling of the classic ballet, The Nutcracker is transported to 19th-century Louisiana
What You'll Get
- Seating: section 201, 202, 204, or 205
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Must purchase G-Passes in the same transaction to sit together
How G-Pass Works: Within an hour of purchase, your G-Pass will be in your account. You may redeem your G-Pass via the mobile app when you enter the venue. You may also print it out in advance. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
The Nutcracker - A Tale from the Bayou
- The Concept: This unique interpretation of the classic tale transports The Nutcracker to 19th-century Louisiana, complete with local landmarks, dancing azaleas, and snowy oak trees.
- The Company: During the large-scale production, the Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre’s company is joined by world-class guest artists, the Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra, and more than 300 children and dancers from the local community.
- The Directors: Molly Buchmann and Sharon Mathews, who also serve as Co-Artistic Directors of the Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre
The Fine Print
About Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre
For more than fifty years, the acclaimed Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre has brought classical and contemporary dance to the delta. Each season includes productions from their local company and traveling troupes, ensuring an artistically eclectic mix of shows that might see Cinderella hosted alongside a modern premiere. An annual staging of The Nutcracker: A Tale from the Bayou puts a local spin on a holiday favorite by transporting the timeless fairy tale to 19th century Louisiana.