- $59 for one ticket to The Speakeasy, plus casino chips and entry to an after-hours bar and casino (up to $85 value)
- When: any performance of your choice, January 10–February 8. Shows are held Thursday–Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Where: a discrete location. Groupon holders will be texted the top-secret location the day before the event.
- Seating: a reserved cabaret table
- Ticket values include all fees.
From the outside, Joe's Clock Shop appeared to be what it had been since it opened in 1907: a repair shop for pocket watches and grandfather clocks. But since Prohibition, it had taken on a new, clandestine identity as a speakeasy. The owner, Joe, maintained the front in spite of his failing eyesight, while a bootlegger ran the hidden bar—until it was raided by Treasury Agents in 1923. Now, decades later, the Boxcar Theatre welcomes onlookers back into that glitzy underground world with their theatrical experience, The Speakeasy. The secret space—which includes a bar, casino, and cabaret—buzzes with prohibition-era scenes and stories enacted by performers as audience members roam freely from room to room.