Choose Between Two Options
- $29 for an introduction to flame-working class for one ($60 value)
- $58 for an introduction to flame-working class for two ($120 value)
When the staff at GlassRoots Studio talk about "fanning the embers of creativity in young people until they burn hot enough to forge bright futures," they're not just dealing in metaphors. At this glass studio, after-school programs turn underserved youth into artisans, teaching them both teamwork and practical glass-shaping skills with the help of a 2,200-degree furnace.
Kids aren't the only ones who can stretch their creativity here; the studio's workshops and classes welcome adults for lessons in glass blowing, kiln forming, and flame working. Before you sign up for a class, learn some more about this transformative art studio:
- Many classes, all glass: The studio covers all forms of glass art, from creating mosaics in flat-glass fusion workshops, to crafting small decorative objects such as wine charms during flame-working courses. See the full schedule for more information.
- Art and science intertwined: In addition to creating display-worthy crafts, students will improve their STEAM skills—science, technology, engineering, arts, and math—during the studio's lessons.
- Own your own piece: The studio doesn't just create art for art's sake; much of the staff's delicate glass artwork is available for sale through the studio's website, where you can also commission custom pieces.