Most doctors agree that drinking a glass of red wine a day is beneficial, since it calms them down before surgery. Drink to your health with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
- $30 for the Wine and Pizza Social at Connie's Pizza on Saturday, May 31, from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. ($49.52 value)
- $30 for the Wine and Pizza Social at Connie's Pizza on Saturday, May 31, from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ($49.52 value)
Revelers dressed to impress will chow down on pizza and wine pairings, including pinot noir and funghi and barbera and margherita. More than 200 pairing combinations will be available.
- $30 for the Wine Social Tasting with Lions at the Florence Mila Borchert Big Cat Country exhibit at the Milwaukee Zoo on Saturday, June 14, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ($49.52 value)
- $30 for the Wine Social Tasting with Lions on Saturday, June 14, from 8:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. ($49.52 value)
While sampling from a selection of 24 wines and a variety of cheeses, guests can admire the zoo's big cats, including african lions, amur tigers, and cheetahs.
- $30 for the Wine Social at Peck Welcome Center on Saturday, August 23, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. ($49.52 value)
- $30 for the Wine Social at Peck Welcome Center on Saturday, August 23, from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. ($49.52 value)
This carefree party isn't a stereotypical stuffy wine tasting, but a chance for partygoers to sample and learn about wines in a fun atmosphere, which will include a photo area.
Click on each event to learn about parking and transportation options, including a discount for Uber rides.
Wine enthusiasts travel across oceans to savor Spain and Portugal's award-winning wines, but GrapestoBottle customers can skip the long flights. That's because the expert staff bring the full Spanish and Portuguese wine tasting experience to upscale restaurants throughout Chicago. Tastings explore wines from major wine-making regions such as Spain's Ribera del Duero, as well as bottles from family-owned wineries in more obscure places. Many of the wines on the Portuguese tasting menu, for instance, come from UNESCO World Heritage protected valleys. GrapestoBottles also supports its Chicago roots by hosting wine tastings that spotlight red and white wines bottled in and around Chicago and made with grapes grown on Soldier Field during the off season. To spice things up a little, GrapestoBottles sometimes host events where guests taste wine blindfolded, relying only on the bouquet and flavor profile to reveal the wine's origin.
Discovering new wines from around the world is only half the fun at the tastings GrapestoBottles schedules. Each event also serves as an opportunity mingle and socialize in a casual, cocktail-party-like atmosphere. Tastings explore several different themes throughout the year, presenting an opportunity to learn about unfamiliar varietals. One event might focus on the stylistic differences between Old-World and New-World producers. Another may stick with a particular region, country, or subterranean kingdom. Regardless of the focus, every GrapestoBottles tasting provides a chance for attendees to hone palates and sample new wines while meeting like-minded enophiles in an unpretentious setting.