Each $10 contribution to this Grassroots campaign will be used by the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support educational initiatives and non-profit organizations that create opportunities for children—especially those from disadvantaged circumstances.
In addition, each $10 contribution grants contributors one entry into a sponsored sweepstakes* for an unforgettable trip for two to New Orleans to meet Emeril Lagasse and attend his two charity fundraisers: Boudin, Bourbon, and Beer (a food and music festival) and Carinvale du Vin (which has been named among the top 10 charity wine auctions in the country by Wine Spectator). The weekend includes:
- Two tickets to Boudin, Bourbon & Beer
- Two tickets to Carnivale du Vin
- Meet and greet with Emeril Lagasse and other celebrity chefs
- Airfare for two to New Orleans
- Three-night hotel stay
- Transportation from the New Orleans airport to the hotel and from the hotel back to the New Orleans airport
The winner of the sweepstakes will be drawn on July 23.
Emeril Lagasse Foundation
Renowned chef, restaurateur, and television personality Emeril Lagasse might be best known for his Food Network cooking shows (and his catchphrase, "BAM!"), but he's also a dedicated philanthropist. Since its 2002 inception, the Emeril Lagasse Foundation has distributed $6 million in grants to children's charities working to create opportunity for young people—particularly those from disadvantaged circumstances—to realize their full potential. Projects funded by the foundation have included an accessible learning kitchen for students with special needs, hospitality training for at-risk youth, and outdoor classrooms and gardens for multiple schools in New Orleans. Thanks to his personal contributions and work through his foundation, Emeril was named the James Beard Foundation Humanitarian of the Year in 2013.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Limit 4 entries per person, per day regardless of method of entry. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excludes Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands), 21+. Entry period ends: 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on 7/15/15. ARV of all prizes: $4,568 USD. Subject to full Official Rules (click to link). Sponsor: Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL 60654.
To enter without making a purchase, you must handwrite on a 3x5 card labeled “Groupon c/o Epic Emeril/New Orleans Sweepstakes” your full name, country of residence, home and daytime telephone number (including area code), e-mail address and confirmation that you are at least 21 years old (all of which must be legible) and mail it (up to the daily limit above) with proper postage to: “Attention: Groupon c/o Epic Emeril/New Orleans Sweepstakes”, Groupon, Inc., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Ste. 400, Chicago, IL 60654 to enter without having to make a donation (up to the daily limit explained above). For your privacy and security, we recommend that you place the 3x5 card inside an envelope. Only one (1) mail-in entry is permitted per envelope. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by 5:00 CT on July 15, 2015, and received no later than 5:00pm CT on July 22, 2015, to be eligible for the Sweepstakes.