Before fishermen discovered the edibility of fish, they used each catch as bait for larger species, hoping in the end to hook the biggest fish of all—friendship. Celebrate relationship-cementing sealife with today's Groupon: for $40, you get a festival and concert package for the 31st-annual Havre de Grace Seafood Festival running Friday, August 12 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, August 13 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Sunday, August 14 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This package can be split over all three festival days and will include:
- One lawn-seat ticket to see the Charlie Daniels Band play on Friday, August 12 at 7:45 p.m. (a $37 value; seating is first come, first served).
- Two tickets to the Havre de Grace Decoy Museum (up to a $12 total value, must be used on a festival day). Children age 8 and younger receive free admission.
- One gift certificate to Bahoukas Antique Mall on North Union Avenue (a $5 value).
- $5 toward one item in the silent auction.
- One souvenir glass filled with beer or soda (a $9 value).
- Three beverage refills (a $12 total value).
The Havre de Grace Seafood Festival has been showcasing seafood, locally made products, and the scenic seaside at Havre de Grace for 31 years. Festival-goers can peruse the extensive selection of oceanic eats and sample East Coast classics such as crab cakes and clam chowder, ideal for quelling hunger as well as ongoing West Coast feuds. Groupon holders can savor their sampling even more by nabbing an additional $2 off a crab cake from Laughing Crab catering.
The festival hosts nearly 100 local arts and crafts and commercial vendors who will be selling a bevy of precious objects, such as jewelry, clothing, pottery, and sculpture. Let the crisp bay air ruffle tresses while tune-parched ears drink in the musical stylings of the Charlie Daniels Band, or shop for heirloom harpoon decals at Bahoukas Antique Mall.
Sufferers of anatidaephobia—the fear of being watched by ducks—can conquer their fright at the Havre de Grace Decoy Museum, which features approximately 1,200 decorative decoys and folk-art carvings. Shed lingering remnants of albatross-shooting guilt while secure in the knowledge that silent-auction bids and raffle contributions go toward the Haven House charity.
Havre de Grace
350 Commerce St.
Havre de Grace, Maryland 21078Get Directions