All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
December 13, 2011
December 12, 2011
What You'll Get
Like choosing a prom date, choosing a favorite wine necessitates sampling a variety to determine which one will produce the nicest bouquet. Enjoy the fruits of competitive courting with today’s Groupon: for $30, you get two admissions to the Say Cheese Wine Trail Event, which spans locations in Hermann, Berger, and New Haven (a $60 value). Event admission includes the following:
- Seven wine-and-cheese pairings for two
- Two souvenir wineglasses
Guests can sample the following pairings at the seven wineries any time on December 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and December 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.:
- Adam Puchta Winery in Hermann: Four-cheese smoked mac ‘n’ cheese paired with hunter’s red
- Bias Winery in Berger: Cheesy potato soup paired with sunset red
- Dierberg Star Lane Winery in Hermann: Fromage bisque with gruyere crouton paired with sauvignon blanc
- Hermannhof Winery in Hermann: Stilton cheesecake paired with vignoles
- OakGlenn in Hermann: Parmesan-cheese puffs paired with chambourcin
- Röbller in New Haven: White-cheddar chowder paired with vidal blanc
- Stone Hill in Hermann: Juusto baked-cheese tarts paired with vidal blanc<p>
The Say Cheese Wine Trail Event guides guests past a septet of family-owned wineries dotting the 20-mile Hermann Wine Trail on the banks of the babbling Missouri River. Guests redeem winery tickets over one or both days of the two-day tour, dressing palates in artisanal cheese, wine, and their finest tuxedo T-shirts as they wend from Hermann to New Haven. Between bites of cheeses and sips of tongue-tickling varietals, tour members take in unique winery attractions, such as the country’s largest network of underground tunnels at Stone Hill Winery and the colonial brick structure presiding over the Hermannhof property. Flitting from winery to winery and feeding olfactory senses with ambrosial bouquets, tour-goers can pause to enter a drawing for a one-night stay at a Hermann B&B, as well as a $30 gift certificate from each winery.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 11, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per visit. Must be 21 or older. Valid only for 12/10/11 and 12/11/11. May redeem across visits. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.