Wines, like a comfortable T-shirt or a hard candy left to ripen under the couch, only get better with age. Taste the passing of time with today's Groupon: for $25, you get one ticket to a Learn About Wine summer wine-tasting event (a $50 value with advanced purchase, a $60 value at the door). Each event will be held at The Grove on the first Wednesday of each month from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Events take place rain or shine and include food. Choose from the following event options:
- The May 4 Que Syrah Shiraz event, featuring various syrah and rhône varietals.
- The June 1 White Wine: Chardonnay vs. ABC event, exploring chardonnay's varying flavors alongside other white wines.
- The July 6 Zinfandel and BBQ Wines event, presenting California's own zinfandel assortment. This event will be held in the patio space at Maggiano's at The Grove.
- The August 3 Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic event, examining the art of wine growing.
- The September 7 Italy vs. California event, revealing how Italian varietals influence Californian wines.
- The October 5 Choctoberfest event, featuring wine and beer that best complement chocolate.
Hosted amid lush outdoor ambience, the tasting events let oenophiles swish and swirl wine varietals from 10–12 different wine producers and nibble noshes to a soundtrack of live DJ tunes. A portion of each event's proceeds will benefit the T.J. Martell Foundation to aid in the research of children's cancers and AIDS, adding additional meaning to each sip. Guests are welcome to bring their dog to enjoy the grassy venue, as long as they are at least 21 in dog years.
Learn About Wine
With a mission to educate consumers on the mystifying subtleties of wine, Learn About Wine hosts more than 100 classes, trade tastings, and consumer events each year. Since its beginnings in 1995, the organization has helped more than 50,000 students deepen their appreciation and understanding of the old-world drink through socially centered programs and refined, but approachable wine-education classes. Wine Camp – An Introduction to Wine, the company's introductory course and one of its most popular offerings, encourages guests to absorb wine-drinking terminology and critical lessons in storing and serving. Regional tours lead groups through various growing regions, allowing visitors to observe processes such as fermenting and picking bottles at the peak of glossiness. Click here for a complete listing of program types.
189 The Grove Drive
Los Angeles, California 90036Get Directions