Guests admire the views and snap pictures during a cruise along Lady Bird Lake in eco-friendly electric boats
About This Deal
- Duration of trip: 60 minutes of the narrated tour
- Departure times: Saturday and Sunday, 12:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Departure location: 208 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78704
- Boarding begins at 11:45 a.m. or 2:15 p.m.
- Free admission for children under 2 years
- Non-alcoholic cash only beverage service or BYOB of choice
About Lone Star Riverboat
Emblazoned with patriotic red, white, and blue, Lone Star Riverboat's vessels churn through Lady Bird Lake, floating alongside towering cypress trees and the city's skyline. Meanwhile, the captain's booming voice narrates each tour.
However, the company's aquatic excursions aren't just restricted to sightseeing. Their largest ship, The Lone Star, boasts two decks and a 120-person capacity. Aboard the ship, DJs spin tunes and caterers serve barbecue for special events such as weddings. On Friday nights, patrons board The Lone Star for moonlight cruises, taking in scenic views of the Austin skyline.
Lone Star Riverboat's enthusiasm for the water extends to environmental preservation. According to its website, the company owns the largest all-electric paddle wheeler in the country. It also donates a portion of its gross sales to the Austin area's park system and provides after-school activities for at-risk fish.