What You'll Get
For centuries mankind has envied pizza dough and wondered how we too could be kneaded to relaxed, savory states without paying for the luxury of being escorted via wooden paddle to a Sicilian brick oven. Lose the pizza envy with today’s Groupon: for $18, you get a 30-minute massage of your choice (a $36 value) at Massage Harmony’s location in the 26 Doors Shopping Center. You may combine two Groupons for an hour-long massage.
Massage Harmony has a honeycomb-like lair with soothing rooms designed to transport you into the blissful natural state normally achieved by babies and Koosh balls dressed as babies. Step into an airy, tranquil lounge and let a friendly therapist treat you to the touch of one of the following massages:
- Swedish: A Swedish knead is the most popular type of massage. Melt muscles like beeswax, erase tension, improve blood flow, and awaken the lymphatic system.
- Deep Tissue: Give your body a break and surrender to an hour of deliberate strokes and direct muscle-grain pressure.
- Sports Massage: If you’ve been pounding the pavement in preparation for a marathon or enduring rigorous training, recharge with this massage, designed to enhance endurance and reduce recovery time.
- Acupressure or Shiatsu: A needle-less way to reap the benefits of Chinese acupuncture by awakening the body’s energy meridians.
- Reflexology Massage: The average person takes 3,000 to 5,000 steps a day. De-stress your soles with this foot-focused treatment, designed to ease pain and encourage relaxation.
- Pregnancy Massage: Massage away the back pain that stems from carrying around a person in your body.
- Ashiatsu Bar Therapy: A lithe therapist will spritely frolic across your back, dotting your spine with luxurious footprints of relaxation.
Massage Harmony is open until 9 p.m. seven days a week, making it ever-convenient to recharge after a long workday, relax after the weekend, or detoxify after the weekend to revive yourself for the week.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 18, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2/person. Limit 2/visit. By appointment only. 24hr cancellation notice required. Valid only at 1206 W 38th St. location. Must use in 1 visit. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. May use for upgrade. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Massage Harmony
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
We offer a wide range of massage styles without any variance of prices. We have a no expiration date policy on all of our package and gift certificates. We promote a share-if-you-care philosophy for clients to feel free to share their packages with friends & family. We are a No Contract-No Membership local Austin business who simply wants to cater to Austinites who are trying to make a difference.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
Our owner was in the service industry here in Austin when he was approached by a massage therapist about his back. After a few massage sessions he quit his job and signed up for massage therapy school. He created a business plan right after school and after a lot of pitches, he got an investor who believed in his dream. In 2006 Massage Harmony - Westgate opened her doors and since then has expanded to a total of four locations right here at home.
What do you love most about your job?
I asked this question during a recent staff meeting and it was beautiful to hear how many of our staff work at Massage Harmony because of our story and how we have been a part of the Austin community for so long. When you are small you still have to be heavily involved in every aspect of the business and always listening to staff and clients needs, ideas, passions and insights to maintain a strong relationship. We are proud to be a patch in the quilt of Austin that keeps all of us safe, weird, inspired and unique.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
In general, clients donlt walk through our doors feeling 100% - they come to us because there is a deficit in their lives due to a stressful work or home life; chronic pain from an old injury; and the list goes on and on. The best reaction we get is watching the transformation from when they check-in and check-out, its a constant reminder of the impact our therapist make not only on that person, but all the Austinites we see in a day and how they impact our community when they simply feel better, stronger and more confident.