What You'll Get
- Video-to-DVD or File (Up to 6 Hours of Video)
- Film-to-DVD or File (Up to 2000 Ft of Film)
- Audio-to-CD or File (Up to 400 Minutes of Audio)
- Pictures-to-DVD or file (Up to 1000 Photos)
Digital Video Transfer: Preserving Memories for Good
Relics of the bygone era of the original camcorder, VHS videos may not be the ideal vessel for cherished family memories. Find out how to keep old footage fresh with Groupon’s rundown of digital video transfer.
Any footage preserved on a VHS tape should be considered an endangered memory. Comprised of magnetic tape that can degrade over time—and imperiled by any malfunctioning VCR—the once-popular videos were not built to last. Converting analog tapes into digital files ensures that your home movies can be enjoyed for years without losing quality or taking up shelf space otherwise reserved for Oscar statuettes. To accomplish this, most VHS-to-DVD transfer services use an analog-to-digital adapter, which translates the tape’s video signal into pixels to store on a computer’s hard drive. From there, the files can be edited and preserved for posterity either by burning them to DVDs or uploading the videos to Internet sites such as YouTube.
- VHS, which stands for video home service, was almost obsolete before it even took off. Many considered an early competitor, Betamax, a superior form of videocassette.
- A single DVD can typically fit about two hours of video—just enough time to see a child grow from a newborn into a full-fledged justborn.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Voucher value is for drop off at either location. If shipping rather then drop off, purchaser will be billed for return S&H. Video Media can not be copyrighted material (Disney, etc). Accepted video media: VHS, VHS-C, Hi8/Digital8, MiniDV. Photo scans must be flat, in bundles of 50; no glue or sticky backs, largest size picture is 8x10. Film Types: Silent film: 8mm, Super8 or 16mm. Audio formats: Records, Audio Cassette, Micro/MiniCassette accepted. Transfer is to CD or DVD disc. If a file is preferred, Hard Drive or Flash drive must be provided or purchased separately. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.