When you did fitness alone, you couldn’t figure out the machines, did a wimpy walk on the treadmill, went home, and ate Funyons. Today’s Groupon brings back the buddy system with $30 for five 30-minute personal training sessions at My Fit Gym/River Oaks Fitness, a $225 value.
Individualized attention means it’s all about you. My Fit’s expert trainers can point out when you’re doing a stretch incorrectly, help you tone trouble zones, and push you to keep going when you’d otherwise quit or become distracted by the fragile beauty of a passing hummingbird. Your Groupon also includes a consultation to put together a perfect fitness plan, including diet and physical activities.
After your sessions at My Fit, you’ll gain the confidence and knowledge essential to effortlessly plow through any routine. Even if you’re a seasoned gym rat, you can use this Groupon to spicy up your routine and keep your muscles wondering what will come next.
Being self-motivated is hard work. The tasks you routinely complete are usually executed in response to gentle encouragement from the powers above (the IRS, the police, your boss, your landlord). Applying that approach to the area of exercise will increase your productivity and get you serious results in time for the new year.
Yelpers give My Fit Gym/River Oaks Fitness five stars:
- I actually followed my trainer here from a "mainstream gym"... and I've been really impressed with the personal service that I get at a smaller facility. The equipment is brand new and super clean. – Kelly M.
- You can tell that everyone here is like family which gives this gym a nice laid back feel. If your [sic] looking for a personal trainer instead of a general gym, this is the place for you! – Vanessa R.
- I've never really worked out with a trainer, other than the occasional trainer friend I'd run into at the gym and would lend me some pointers. But at ROF, I got the works. – Farrah A.
How to Avoid Your Training
One of the main reasons to work with personal trainers is that their personalized attention means you'll be unable to shirk your workout responsibilities. If you really need to avoid working out, try one of these foolproof get-out-of-exercising ploys:
- Bring your trainer a doctor's note explaining that you are "dangerously likely to be attacked by revenge-seeking snake families."
- Construct a fake you from cardboard tubes and your spare twin.
- Explain that you mistakenly believed you were hiring someone to build you a personal train and not to train you personally.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
1950 W Gray St #6
Houston, Texas 77019Get Directions