What You'll Get
- $139 for one week of full-day summer baseball camp for one kid aged 5-12 ($250 value)
Choose from two sessions:
- July 17–22
- July 25–29
Camps run from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 25, 2016. Amount paid never expires. New campers only. Registration required. Subject to availability. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Valid only for 2016 Oglethorpe Summer baseball camps. Must provide email address at checkout which will be shared to facilitate registration. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Oglethorpe University - Baseball Camps
The crack of the bat. Clouds of red dust from a baserunner's feet. The leathery thud of a fastball in a catcher's mitt. The sights and sounds of a baseball game are more than merely warm, fuzzy feelings of Americana—they're impressive displays of physical skill.
At Oglethorpe University's baseball camps, kids build and hone fundamental skills to help them hit like Ted Williams, steal bases like Jackie Robinson, and care for equipment like Bo Jackson. Each weekly camp runs kids through the same drills that the players on the Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels practice, training age-specific groups of players with tried-and-true methods. Read on to learn more about what makes this baseball camp so special:
- Head coach Dan Giordano draws from 11 years of experience coaching the Stormy Petrels to help kids play at the peak of their ability.
- With the most wins in Oglethorpe baseball history, Giordano knows what it takes to lead players to victory on the field.
- Support staff of NCAA baseball players from the Stormy Petrels' roster help lead drills and practices.
- Practices take place at Hermance Stadium, the same venue where the Stormy Petrels practice and play college-level games.
- Built in 1920, the field holds plenty of stories of its own. It's even listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- A low student-to-coach ratio of 10:1 ensures every player gets plenty of individual attention.
- By grouping students in age-specific squads, instructors help campers hone their skills with players at their own levels of ability.