- You will enjoy breath-taking views, landmarks and the wonder of nature from a new and unique perspective as you take to the skies in one of Nostalgia Ballooning’s gorgeous hot air balloons. - No other experience offers this unique combination of exhilaration and serenity, as you drift gently across Chicago-lands mix of rural and urban landscapes at anything up to 5,000 feet. - Rising smoothly and silently towards the clouds, the only noise the occasional burst of the burners, you will travel where the wind takes you to wonder at the sights so far below. - Make memories to last a lifetime on your hot air balloon experience, which you will want to tell people about again and again. - And once your flight is over sip on Champagne after landing, where you'll find yourself wanting to do it all over again…
About This Deal
Flying up and away on a hot air balloon ride is a truly unforgettable experience. So bring your sense of adventure and toast the sun at 5000 ft.
This activity can be cancelled and refunded up to 72 hour(s) before the activity starts. This booking is only valid for the date and time that is booked, it can not be redeemed for any other time.
The following is included with the activity:
- Greeting & registration
- Briefing by your pilot
- Invitation to help inflate the balloon
- Approximately an hour’s flight in a gorgeous hot air balloon
- Champagne toast after landing (or soft drink)
- Tour of the sky soaring airport and the many unique aircraft in the hanger
What you should know before the activity:
- Spring and Fall mornings in the Chicago area are cold, so dressing in layers is strongly recommended.
- We advise our passengers during these seasons to wear what they would when hiking or during winter activities.
- During the summer season, it can often range between 45 and 70F (mornings) at take off and as much as 85F when we land.
- Layers are suggested including shirt,sweater/fleece, then a light to medium jacket.
- We don’t recommend children under five years of age, as a one hour flight may test their patience.
- Some youngsters are also afraid of the loud noise and heat that the burner produces. However, if you’re sure your young child will be willing and able to behave well, we’ll be glad to have them join us on the flight.
- On the other end of the spectrum, there is no such thing as "too old". Chicago balloon rides have carried many passengers over 90!
- We regret that we cannot fly those who are pregnant.
Duration: This activity is expected to take around 3 hour(s), 30 minute(s).
- This activity is available in partnership with Peek.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Peek and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.