Unlike speedy in-and-out coffee shops, cafés indulge fantasies of sneaking off through misty European streets paved with pain au chocolat and lined with biscotti parking meters. Indulge in savory streetside fare with today’s Groupon to Pomme Café in Astoria. Choose between the following options:
- For $44, you get dinner for two (up to a $135 value) that includes the following items from the dinner menu:
- Any two soups or salads (up to a $16 value each)
- Any one hors d'oeuvre (up to a $20 value)
- Any two entrees (up to a $38 value each)
- Any one dessert (a $7 value)
- For $15, you get $30 worth of anything on the lunch menu.
Pomme Café's executive chef, Jose Luis Falcon, enlists scores of in-season ingredients to prepare rotating lunch, dinner, and dessert menus in the fashion of a French brasserie. The crackling calamari hors d'oeuvre sizzles on tongues in a sriracha aioli, flanked by radishes, cucumbers, and chickpeas. The boeuf bourguignon entree spotlights braised short ribs resting on a bed of tagliatelle pasta, and soba noodles provide starchy support for the organic grilled chicken as it languishes in soy-sake juice and roasted peppers. Pastry chefs toil daily to craft desserts far fresher than a newly ripe Hershey bar, including traditional french crème brûlée and papaya-salad panna cotta. The lunch menu features traditionally casual items with gourmet accouterments, such as a salmon burger ($18) with avocado and ginger mayo, or the roasted beets salad ($12) dressed with goat-cheese croquettes, peppercress, and citrus vinaigrette.
Queens, New York 11103