All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $147 for a sea kayak starter-lesson package from Potomac Paddlesports based in Rockville, MD
- Package includes an introductory fundamentals and safety courses, plus two free weekly practice nights to put your newfound skills to good use
- A five-hour fundamentals course introduces beginners to proper technique and equipment-use
- A four-hour safety course teaches kayakers how to be prepared for the unexpected
- Courses are offered every Saturday beginning April 30, 2011 through October 8, 2011
- Classes taught in a quiet cove at Columbia Island Marina at the Pentagon Lagoon in Arlington, VA
- Practice kayak skills with the supervision of professional instructor with two free practice nights offered every Wednesday from May 4, 2011–September 1, 2011
- All equipment provided
For safety course, students are asked to bring own paddle float, bilge pump, tow system, and knife. All other equipment provided.
Six Yelpers give Potomac Paddlesports a 4.5-star average rating: > * Been in Washington and noticed that river on its south side? Want to try running its rapids in a tiny kayak? Sometimes upside down. There is no better school to teach you how to do that than Potomac Paddlesports – Bernhard F. > * This is a great, GREAT place to learn to Kayak, they are smart, patient, “cool”, kind and very flexible. If you are at all timid about learning, please do contact Potomac Paddlesports. – gina s.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 31, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Must register at listed location by 12/31/11; must complete classes within 2 years of registration date. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Potomac Paddlesports
At Potomac Paddlesports, the first professional paddlesports school to be endorsed by the American Canoe Association, the team of American Canoe Association– and British Canoe Union–certified instructors patiently lead students through a methodical progression of flat-water paddling skills. The classes cover a variety of watersports, including whitewater rafting, river and sea kayaking, and standup paddling. The small-group classes are designed to keep students engaged, and longer trips down the Potomac challenge their skills with powerful rapids surrounded by lush scenery, interspersed with rare glimpses of bears putting on their bear suits. Outside of class, students can bond with fellow paddlers during weekly sushi meals and occasional movie nights. Further demonstrating their dedication to bodies of water, Potomac Paddlesports works to preserve the nation’s rivers, estuaries, and oceans, sharing this passion with its members through advocacy and donations to conservation programs.