Dust off your explorer's exploring khakis and your museum monocle for today's deal: a one-year Friend of Horus membership to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum for $15 (a $35 value). Membership includes free individual admission, 10% off museum store items, and priority entrance to new featured exhibits. The only hieroglyphic capable of expressing your delight will be an owl hugging a jackal's head on top of a human eyeball.
Architecturally inspired by the Temple of Amon in Karnak, the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum houses the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts in all of western North America, with displays and insights into ancient cats, the art of mummycraft, a look into the Mr. Rosetta behind the famous stone, and, presumably, the software that taught the stone to speak Spanish. You'll also explore the realm of Egyptian gods and goddesses, kings and pharaohs, and the fastidiously dressed beer-drinking regular Egyptians who gossiped about them.
Buy a Groupon for each of your kids so they can look at the ancient world and all its knick-knacks with the same wonder that future children from the 25th century will direct toward our bowling trophies, pogs, and microwave technology.
- The depths of the displays and the effort behind the presentations were excellent. – KayinCal, TripAdvisor
- Being a history buff, I thoroughly enjoyed the egyptian museum. – AnnieDe, TripAdvisor
- I think it's amazing that we have REAL artifacts from thousands and thousands of years ago on display here! – Angela W., Yelp
If there’s one slander that the Entertainment Lobby has tried to spread repeatedly, it’s that museums are boring, irrelevant places where no television-owning child should be forced to go. Right? Wrong. That misconception ends today with your invitation to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. What other steps are museums taking to remind people how cool they are?
- Allowing dinosaurs to come back to life during day, not just after-hours
- Gift shops offering new and better DNA
- Five-hour long film loop about 1906 Earthquake now set to sweeping original soundtrack to Armageddon
- Spirit of St. Louis can be rented out hourly to impress Steph
- Mummy dunk tanks
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Shasta Hanchette Park
1664 Park Ave
San Jose, California 95126Get Directions