Humans often relax by communing with nature: hiking through mountains, paddling down rivers, and eating berries indiscriminately. Get your fill of nature with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $10 for a youth ticket to Haunt the River at Adventure Saturday on October 27 (a $20 value)
- $20 for an adult ticket to the above event (a $40 value)<p>
The Adventure Saturdays Pass grants customers unlimited access to more than a dozen watersports and activities. Participants can come in costume and enroll in a lesson to learn to row, kayak, or maneuver a dragon boat or standup paddleboard. Activities such as kayak plunge and polo are also included. Visitors can cycle across 13 miles of trails at the Oklahoma River location. Passes include all equipment.
OKC Boathouse Foundation
If you're searching for adventure along the Oklahoma River, head straight for the welcome center at the Chesapeake Finish Line Tower. There, you'll find representatives of the OKC Boathouse Foundation, a group of seasoned outdoor experts who oversee the myriad activities that take place in the city's Boathouse District. Whether you're an athlete training for an upcoming crew meet or a thrill seeker ready for the ziplines and adventure courses at Riversport Adventures, there's something here for every excitement level. Read on to learn more:
- Boats and watercraft: The Boathouse District is a haven for water vessels of all types. In addition to group rowing lessons and competition, the river also hosts plenty of kayaking, sailing, canoeing, and standup paddleboarding. There's even dragon boating, a popular group rowing sport that originated in China.
- Trails: In addition to adventuring on the water, guests can also stay fit on land; the Boathouse District boasts 13 miles of paved riverfront trails suitable for biking, running, or leisurely strolling.
- Riversport Adventures: The Boathouse District is also home to Riversport Adventures, a thrilling collection of adrenaline-friendly outdoor activities. Harnessed guests can clamber over obstacles on the 80-foot-high Sky Trail before descending via the 72-foot Sky Slide or the 80-foot free-fall of the Rumble Drop. Guests can also fly through the air on the Sandridge Sky Zip, which spans 700 feet across the Oklahoma River.