Enter a sweepstakes to visit Sesame Street, see an episode being filmed, and support Sesame Workshop’s autism initiative.
About This Deal
The Epic Sweepstakes: Supporting Sesame Street’s Autism Initiative
Each $10 donation to this Grassroots campaign will be used by Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization behind Sesame Street, to help reduce the stigma of autism spectrum disorder through the development of a new autism initiative. This initiative, “See Amazing in All Children,” aims to promote public understanding of autism—which is identified in 1 in 68 kids—and to both highlight the commonalities shared by all children and celebrate the individuality of each child. It will also create digital media tools for families of children with ASD to help establish everyday routines for brushing teeth, trying new foods, and playing with others.
In addition, each $10 donation grants donors one entry into a sweepstakes* for an unforgettable trip for four to New York to visit Sesame Street, see an episode being filmed, and meet the Muppets. The trip includes:
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Sesame Street during a live taping at the Kaufman Astoria studio (children must be 4 years old or older to visit the set)
- Original drawing of the winner with the Muppets, drawn by a Sesame Workshop artist
- $400 dining credit at Bobby Van’s Steakhouse
- Roundtrip coach airfare for four to New York
- Three-night stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Metropolitan New York in a deluxe room with two queen-size beds
- Ground transportation from the NY airport to the hotel and from the hotel back to the airport, as well as transportation to and from the Sesame Street studio
- The experience will happen in February at a time agreed upon by both the winner and Sesame Workshop
The winner of the sweepstakes will be drawn on Monday, November 24.
As the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, Sesame Workshop has some powerful allies: Big Bird, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch, and all their friends. Characters like these, familiar to 156 million children in more than 150 countries, have shown the world the educational power of media, and Sesame Workshop uses that power to help children across the globe grow up smarter, stronger, and kinder. The organization takes a research-based approach to addressing the specific needs of its various constituent communities, supporting them through entertaining programming—not just television, but also digital experiences and books—as well as community engagement and focused initiatives.