All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
May 9, 2012
January 24, 2012
January 9, 2012
What You'll Get
You've already invested so much time living in your body; don't throw it away in favor of a new one. With today's Groupon, reinvigorate and restore your soul vehicle at Soothe Your Senses, a day spa for men and women in Edgewater. Choose from three options:
- $39 for a 60-minute massage (an $80 value)
- $39 for a 60-minute Euro facial (an $80 value)
- $39 for a 90-minute healthy foot treatment with express manicure (an $80 value)
Soothe Your Senses incorporates traditional Creole healing techniques to live up to its moniker, pampering guests in a serene setting. Opt for an hour-long sport, Swedish, or therapeutic massage to treat hard-working muscles and beautify backs. A sports massage employs compression and friction to encourage tendon suppleness, while Swedish massage kneads away acute and chronic pains as it improves circulation and muscle tone. A deep-tissue therapeutic massage releases tension using slow strokes and deep pressure, mining beneath the top layer of musculature to extract bituminous coal and stress deposits hidden within the strata. Habitual smilers may opt for the 60-minute Euro facial, a classic cleansing treatment ideal for reinvigorating tired skin with toning, exfoliation, and moisturizing. The detail-oriented can tend their digits with a 90-minute healthy foot treatment customized to address individual toe-woes ($65) and a 15-minute express manicure ($15).
Wrought-iron balconies, exposed brick, and a lounge area that looks like a New Orleans courtyard garden make for enduring southern comfort in this French Quarter–inspired spa. Soothe Your Senses owner Gretchen Halpin's grandfather was a trained traiteur, or Creole faith-healer, who dished out healing salves and potions made from bayou roots and leaves. Halpin inherited his cherished secrets and uses age-old plant poultice recipes to work modern marvels on aching backs, tired feet, and skin ailments. Expect to leave Soothe Your Senses with a body that feels like a Mardi Gras float—overflowing with life, bursting with colorful beads, and gliding just above the ground.
- When you walk in you are transformed to New Orleans' French Quarter. The owner and family are steeped in old world remedies you are sure to find something that you love and need...Oh, and their facials are to die for!!! – Sarah G., Insider Pages
- What a great gem hidden outside the city. The warm and friendly enviroment [sic] and staff make any service you have there so relaxing. I can't believe I didn't find this sooner. I'm letting the cat out of the bag. YOU HAVE TO GO! – dpearse, Citysearch
- This Edgewater spa has a really relaxing lounge area and lovely facility, and they offer an interesting array of services. Lots of therapeutic treatments beyond standard spa fare, and some Southern-inspired treatments that sound really luxurious. – Mimi C., Insider Pages
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 27, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. By appointment only. No cash back. Gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Soothe Your Senses Day Spa
The aestheticians at Soothe Your Senses Day Spa draw inspiration from two generations of Creole healing when doling out spa treatments infused with aromatherapy and healing herbs. Services catered toward men and women help banish impurities in muscles, pores, and spirit animals with Eastern healing traditions such as reiki massage and energy therapy. Three levels of spa membership offer discounts on services and workshops, and spa packages pamper clients with half- or full-day programs of massages, nailcare, and facials.