- $55 for admission for one to the Sunday grand tasting on January 31, 2016 ($70 value)
The event runs from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m., and will feature more than 1,000 wines and beers. There will also be celebrity chef demonstrations, wine education, and food for purchase from local eateries and vendors.
For more than a decade, the Sun Winefest has attracted vino aficionados and foodies from all over by hosting an entertaining weekend of sipping, snacking, and learning. Here's a little rundown of what to expect:
- Drink situation: Living up to its name, the Winefest features more than 1,000 brands of wine and beer. It also fills glasses with spirits from numerous specialty sponsors.
- Food situation: Many of the region's most-acclaimed restaurants will be on hand plating up some of their signature dishes.
- Main attraction: the main culinary stage, which buzzes with non-stop activity as celebrity chefs showcase their skills during live demonstrations.
- Grand Tasting host: Laurie Forster, one of the country's leading wine experts. She wrote the award-winning book The Sipping Point: A Crash Course in Wine, and her wisdom has landed her appearances on everything from Dr. Oz to Martha Stewart Living.