Those hoping to be the life of the party need only to bring beer and cheese in place of more conventional attention-getters such as tears and tiki torches. Make a good impression with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
$49 for a beer-tasting class with cheese pairings for two people (a $100 value)
$95 for a beer-tasting class with cheese pairings for four people (a $200 value)
During two-hour tastings, groups of 25–30 sample a minimum of seven craft beers, which are paired with two or three gourmet cheeses. Events focus on different themes and are held on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 14: Beer 101: Beer Flavor and Where it Comes From; Malt, Hops, and Yeast
- Thursday, June 21: Brews and Breweries of the Upper Midwest
- Wednesday, June 27: If You Like This, Then You Might Like...
- Wednesday, July 11: Trappist and Abbey Beers of Belgium
- Tuesday, July 17: Don’t be Afraid of the Dark: Dark Beers from Schwarzbier to Stout
- Thursday, July 26: Beer 101: Beer Flavor and Where it Comes From; Malt, Hops, and Yeast
Sunfish Cellars Wine Bar
A staff of sommeliers, beer experts, and cheesemongers helps customers to navigate Sunfish Cellars Wine Bar's impressive spread of wine, beer, and gourmet cheeses from throughout the globe. Cordoned off by region, the staggering wine selection includes classic vinos and rare varietals that instructors highlight during regular tasting classes. Cheeses plucked from an onsite shop pair with fine wines during tastings, as sommeliers draw on their extensive expertise to discuss restaurant wine lists, evaluate cost versus value, and explain why wine doesn’t come in an electric-blue variety. Beer-tasting classes are also available, as are congratulatory gift baskets and a personal wine-shopper service, which sources wine selections for fancy dinners and business meetings.