If foam noodles can be found floating on the surface of almost every pool, think how many perfectly salted meatballs must be at the bottom of the ocean. Discover the sea’s sunken treats with today’s Groupon to The Dive Shop in Marietta. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get a two-hour open-pool scuba session (a $50 value).
- For $299, you get a diver-certification program (a $795 value) that includes the following:
- Academic and in-water lessons with equipment rental (a $635 value)
- SSI Open Water Level One International certification card (a $40 value)
- Photo for certification card (a $5 value)
- SSI zippered pouch (a $10 value)
- SSI open water diver manual (a $30 value)
- SSI Deluxe Total Dive logbook & log marker (a $40 value)
- SSI dive tables (a $10 value)
- SSI graduation kit (a $25 value)
- Complimentary iDive membership<p>
The nautical explorers at The Dive Shop educate intrepid swimmers in the art of self-contained underwater exploration. Held in a heated indoor pool, two-hour scuba sessions can be an introduction for first-time flippers or a brush up for experienced land sharks to become acquainted with underwater breathing. Students don complimentary tanks, flippers, and candy-cane tridents before blissfully bobbing through aquatic education, typically held in a group setting with other intrepid minnows. During the full dive certification program, students immerse themselves in a 40-hour curriculum taught by SSI- certified instructors. Students spend four to six sessions pouring over academic exercises and in-water training, culminating in a water-skills test and a Busby Berkeley synchronized spectacle. Newly certified aquatic adventurers exit class armed with proof of their newly honed talents, as well as manuals, logbooks, and markers for recording future aquatic adventures. While The Dive Shop provides all necessary gear and equipment, it is highly recommended that students procure their own snorkel, goggle, and fins to ensure gear fits properly.
The Dive Shop
Since 1961, Swim Schools International certified instructors at The Dive Shop have been determined to make the underwater world accessible to the masses. Their approach to safe and fun aquatic exploration takes several forms: scuba diving, freediving, and swim lessons. Scuba-diving classes instill fundamentals such as descending and ascending safely and breathing normally while submerged with your high-school crush. Freediving sessions ditch the oxygen tanks, instead focusing on naturally filling the lungs with air before plunging into the water. Finally, 15 levels of swim lessons take on different purposes, from imbuing beginning swimmers with safety and confidence to fine-tuning the skills of potential junior gold medalists.
2714 Sandy Plains Rd.
Marietta, Georgia 30066