Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for one month of children’s art classes ($30 value)
- $25 for one month of adult art classes ($50 value)
Options are good for one month of weekly classes; one class per week.
The Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center
For nearly a century, painter Fred Oldfield has embodied the spirit of the American West. After spending his early life as a cowhand on the Yakima Indian Reservation, Oldfield translated this innate connection with the Pacific Northwest into colorful, iconic paintings that hang in galleries around the world. Today, at the Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center, the next generation of Oldfield's disciples carry on his mission to honor the traditions of the West through classes and exhibitions.
- Eye Catcher: The Washington state history exhibit immerse visitors in a bygone era with a reconstructed cabin, bunkhouse, chuck wagon, and more.
- Permanent Mainstay: The center's gallery contains a rotating collection of Oldfield's paintings, as well as more than 20 murals depicting the traditions of western Native American tribes.
- Special Programs: The center hosts art classes for kids and adults, with lessons on painting, drawing, and sculpting.
- Don't Miss: The center's collection of Native American basketry, which encompasses delicate designs from throughout the Pacific Northwest.