Jazz lounge hosts virtuoso musicians such as Aiden Lombard Group, Batida Diferente, and Joe Vetter
About This Deal
- When: any show excluding special events, certain holidays, and Friday/Saturday primetime shows
- Where: Twins Jazz
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime
- Click to view the calendar
- Each person must make a $10 minimum food or drink purchase
Upcoming Shows at Twins Jazz
- Aiden Lombard Group (July 31–August 1): after becoming a professional musician at age 15, trumpeter Aiden Lombard has played with Chick Corea and Arturo Sandoval, performed in the Grammy Jazz Orchestra during the prestigious awards ceremony, and served as the youngest semifinalist in the 2014 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition.
- Batida Diferente (August 6): this group blends jazz and Brazilian music to create both innovative covers and original tunes that emphasize the band’s name, which means A Different Beat.
- Joe Vetter (August 12): he’s a jazz pianist who learned classical piano at the age of 9 and now treats Washington, DC-area residents to energetic jazz concerts at a variety of venues.
Need To Know
About Twins Jazz
In 1986, the Twins Lounge opened as an Ethiopian restaurant in a 50-seat space that once played host to jazz and blues shows. But the musicians clamored for music to fill the crimson and mosaic-tiled walls once more—and eventually, the owners gave in. The lounge has since moved, but it remains true to its roots with a mix of classic American jazz and global flavor. Twins Lounge still offers international food in its 60- to 100-seat dining room.